Tuesday 18 August 2009

Thinking Of You

Challenges

Sketch Saturday (64) - Sketch

Roses On Paper (18) - Colours Of Fall (Orange/Brown/Warm Red)

Daring Cardmakers - Lace

These are not colours I would normally think to put together but suprisingly I think they work quite well.

I covered the base card with spotty paper and then embossed the orange card using the cuttlebug and added a punched lace border. On top I added a strip of brown card with a red ribbon along it. After attaching with D/S tape I stamped the sentiment, inked the edges and layered it before attaching with foam pads. Next came the image which I stamped, coloured with MLP pens, inked the edges and layered using nesties and again attaching with foam pads. Finally, I stamped and coloured the flowers. I then cut the petals and used a ball tool to emboss the front and back of each flower to give it shape before attaching with foam pads. Hope you like it.

Card Recipe

Stamps - The Greeting Farm/PSX

Papers - Summertime Designs

Ribbon - Trimcraft

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card with lovely colours!!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Jo said...

Fab card, I agree, those are lovely colours.
Thank you for joining in our challenge,
Jo xx

Kathy said...

Really pretty card and the lacy edging is just right for our challenge at the Daring Cardmakers this week

Iris Wiechmann said...

Beautiful card. Great LO and I love the embossed background!
Thanks for playing with us at Roses on Paper.

Hugs,
Iris