Saturday 29 August 2009

Chocolate Mint Cake

Challenges

Truly Scrumptious (14) - Anything BUT A Card

Allsorts (16) - NO Rubber Stamping

Well, it's not a card and there is no stamping involved so I guess it fits both challenges.

I made this for my eldest son Shaun's 40th birthday last week (and today is my youngest son's 31st birthday, hope you've been having a great time in Derby Sam). Anyway, every year Shaun asks me if I have made him a 'toothpaste' cake for his birthday (his favourite), and suprise! suprise! this year I said I had and this was what I produced. You should have seen his face... Don't worry, he got the real cake as well.

I made the cake with a 'Card Carousel' template. Each layer was done in brown card to represent the chocolate with the green ribbon to represent the green minty buttercream icing. I then made the stand from silver mirri card and stuck the cake on to the stand. I punched some leaves from the mirri card and arranged them on top of the cake with some cream roses and put more roses around the cake layers.

I must say the template was very easy to work with, I have yet to finish the box for it to go in, the template for this is included. What I like about it as well is that all pieces are cut from A4 card.

Thanks for looking.

BTW do you like my NEW LOOK blog?

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Christine, This is lovely! I am sure your son loved it and of course the real 'toothpaste cake'.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Debs said...

Hi Christine
Simply stunning - looks good enough to eat!!!
Thanks for joining us at Allosrts this week.
TTFN
Debs xx

brenda said...

Hi Christine

What an absolutely fabulous project, I have to say I have never soon anything like this before and it really is superb. You much have a great deal of patience.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Zoechaos said...

Absolutly fantastic, thought it was a real cake a first :) Brillient stunning well done its well Absolutly fantastic.

Jules said...

Hi Christine

What a fantastic creation and so very unusual.

I too thought it was a real cake to begin with.

Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

Love Jules xx

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Christine. I love it! Thanks for joining us at TS.

scotspanda said...

oh wow how fabulous!! I love this such a fabby idea!

thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic box, love the theme too!
thank you for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is breath taking , no wonder you are in the top five its a work of art
Hugs Susie xx