Saturday 29 August 2009

Funky Fairys Challenge (31)

This week's theme is 'Wedding' and the team want us to try and include 'Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue'. Here goes then -

Something Old - Bodice Stamp

Something New - Gems

Something Borrowed - Mirri Card (recycled from old greeting card)

Something Blue - Card/Ink/Ribbon/Pearls

I think that's covered all the requirements don't you? The base is blue patterned (hearts) pearl card with the corners rounded. Onto that I placed patterned mirri card that I cut from an old greeting card. I edged this with ribbon and a punched border and on the opposite corners I punched, rounded and added pearl hearts. The sentiment is a digi stamp which I coloured the edges of with a stardust pen and added a couple of pearl hearts. Onto the wedding dress... Using a Brilliance inkpad I stamped the bodice onto pearl card and heat embossed with holographic EP. Having cut it out I then folded a 'tulle favour circle' to make the skirt and taped it to the back of the bodice. I attached it to the card with foam pads (behind the bodice only). Finally I added some irridescent gems to the dress.

Card Recipe

Stamps - Stampendous/Funky Fairys Digi

Gems - Papermania

Mirri Card - Recycled

Pearl Card - Crafty Creations/Local Craft Shop

Ribbon/Pearls - Stash

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Such a beautiful card, love the dress. Thanks for taking part in the Funky Fairys challenge. Anesha

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Christine :-) I love this stamp ,, I have it too ,, hardly used but it is lovely :-) fabulous papers and the fancy border is perfect :-)

Thanks for joining the Funky Fairys :-)
Luv
Lols x x

p.s yes your blog would look fab with daisy chains and the 'Daisy' image !! :-)

Anne said...

Fantastic take on the theme.
Thanks for playing along this week on Funky Fairy's
Anne x

Ginny said...

great take on the challenge

thanks for joining us at FF this week :0)

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Christine, such a pretty colour combo. Well done for including all 4 items.

Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

Joanne x