Saturday 4 January 2020

Baby Dragon



The inspiration for this card came from Beccy's Challenge option which was 'local to the area you live'.  Immediate panic as I have lived here in Wales for less than 2yrs! 

I then spotted some welsh flag ribbon that I had which led me to use this cute baby dragon and colour him red like the welsh dragon on the flag.  As the rest of the flag is green and white I have used these colours for my base card and my embossed mat.  The DP is a scrap from my stash.  I wanted to incorporate the national flower which is the daffodil.  Unfortunately I had nothing suitable so used a poinsettia die instead to represent the daffodil.  The sentiment is from LOTV and I have gone around the edge with distress ink.

Challenges

Beccy's Place January - Anything Goes (Local To Area You Live)
Cute Card Thursday 615 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations 405 - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Beccy said...

Christine, if you hadn't mentioned those daffodils were made from a poinsettia die, I wouldn't have known... they look awesome. I love the embossed background, that's a great folder. Excellent idea to colour the dragon red in tribute to the Welsh flag. Such great thinking!
Cheers,
Beccy

Crafting Andy said...

How cute is that dragon. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x