Tuesday 2 August 2011

Emma - Swing

Challenges

Stamp Something - Summer Fun
Allsorts (114) - Free & Easy
Truly Scrumptious (62) - Buttons/Bows
Stamptacular (122) - Friends
Sketch & Stash (67) - Sketch (New Stamp)
Papertake - Anything Goes

Yesterday I had an idea to make a red and white card for a change and this is what I came up with. I have used one of the new LOTV Summer Girls stamps called 'Emma - Swing' and coloured her with promarkers. Following the simple sketch I covered the bottom half with gingham paper and the top half with embossed card which I defined by adding ink to the edges. To make the flowers I first punched them out and then stamped and heat embossed them with a spider's web stamp. After dry embossing to give them shape I added some buttons. I also added a button to the sentiment. A large satin bow finished the card. I was going to put roses on this card but I am rather pleased that I did the punched flowers instead. Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamps - LOTV/Studio G
Digi Paper - Pink Petticoat
Ribbon/Buttons - Stash

12 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Christine what a little beauty this is, that image is totally gorgeous as are the flowers and design that gingham and red bow just add to it's beauty and I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the fantastic image and the lush bow.

Hugs
Maarit

Jill said...

gorgeous card Christine love your new stamp and the gingham paper thanks for joining us at PTW & sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

darcy48 said...

Gorgeous card Christine love the image from LOTV its so cute. Arlinex

mamapez5 said...

Lovely image. the stripey flowers are fun and it's a beautiful bow. Kate x

Vicky said...

This is so gorgeous hun...!

thanks for joining us at SnS...and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful Christine, adorable image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely beautiful sweetie & Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash this week...Good luck too :D
hugs and xxx

atlanta website design said...

This is one gorgeous and classy card Christine, just adore the colour combo and what a great design I like it.

Design og Hobby said...

Beautiful card! Fantastic stamp, and love how the colours are in perfect harmony! Wonderful!!

Thank you for joining SSC in our "friends are heaven sent" challenge!
Hugs Gry!

Nina said...

Oh, what a cute card ♥ Wonderful motiv and great papers.


Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina

general first aid kits said...

I just impressed to watch the papers from this paper pad and your image is colored so perfectly. You have a magic touch. You given your card 's beautiful details with us.