Sunday 28 August 2011

Creative Inspirations - A Sad Farewell

(1) - Distressed/Buttons/Bows


(2) - Shabby Chic/Pearls/Lace

(3) - Vintage/Ribbon/Flowers

Challenges

Creative Inspirations (67) - Pick Your Own Challenge (1/2/3)
Simon Says - Sketch (1)
The Sugar Bowl (66) - Sketch + One For The Girls (2)

It is a sad day for everyone at Creative Inspirations as this will be our last challenge. Due to ill health and family issues Jude and Cheryl have decided to close the challenge blog. It has been both a privelage and a pleasure for me to work with such a friendly and inspiring team, thank you ladies. It would be so nice if you could all join us for our final challenge so that we can go out on a high.

This fortnight's challenge gives you three recipes to choose from -

(1) - Distress/Buttons/Bows
(2) - Shabby Chic/Pearls/Lace
(3) - Vintage/Ribbon/Flowers


As you can see I have done all three...

Card (1) For this one I have turned the sketch. I started this one by covering the base card with a piece of brown cardstock that I distressed the edges of. Next I added some digi paper which I tore the edges and distressed with chalks. The image/sentiment has been coloured with promarkers and the edges have been distressed too before layering with nesties. I used some gorgeous satin ribbon to tie a bow and added a rose. Finally I added a few buttons. I feel there is something missing from this one but can't put my finger on it.

Card (2) Following the sketch as it was I built the card up with layers of white cardstock and digi papers. The border down the middle has been punched and paper added. I have used three lengths of ribbon across the middle which I have added card candi to. The image has been coloured with promarkers and cut and layered with nesties. I sandwiched some gathered lace between the layers. Finally, I punched some butterflies from vellum, glittered the wings and added pearls to the bodies.

Card (3) For this one I have done a fold-back card. I added layered panels using pearl card and digi paper to the front and back. I then stamped some flourishes in the corners and added some flowers (you can see them better if you click on the picture to make it bigger). The image has been coloured again with promarkers and chalk and I have stamped flourishes around the edges before layering with nesties. The sentiment has been stamped, layered and coloured with chalks. Finally I added a bow made from three different ribbons.

That's it, hope you like them, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamps - LOTV/Sugar Nellie/Kanban/Debbie Moore
Digi Papers - Nitwits/Summertime Designs/Tinker & Co
Ribbons/Lace - Stash/Recycled
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Flowers/Buttons/Pearls - Stash


7 comments:

Laney said...

WOW!! Christine not one but 3 fabulous cards your work is amazing hun
hugs
laney

cheryl said...

hi hun these are all stunning cards just gorgeous detail as always just wanted to thank you personnally for being one terrific friend,your support and your creativity you have been a real pleasure hun to work along side take care and stay in touch love hugs cherylxxxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Christine you have done a wonderful job for the final challenge, all three cards are absolutely beautiful, superb work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Monika Reeck said...

Great using the simons says sketch...love all your coroling images..all are adorable...lovely cards....and the one for simon says has a cute images love this..

I am joining also the challenge from Simon Say challenge..my card is number 88, would you mind to see my Blog?Many thanks before...Hugs :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Christine :-) All of them are fabulous :-)

I am sorry your challenge is closing down xx I will try and join in xx

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Oh what amazing cards Christine, sad to hear another challenge closing down.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Kiki said...

Wow, so busy! Your cards are gorgeous! Each one is so fantastic!

Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

Hugs, Kiki