Saturday 5 March 2011

Gothic Fairy

Challenges

Stamp With Fun (100) - Sketch
Creative Card Crew - Gothic
Stamp Something - Something Digi (Stamp)
Allsorts (93) - Card For Teenager

This card couldn't be more opposite from my last one (see post below) if I tried! I do love this little gothic fairy, although, fair to say I wasn't too sure to start with but she has definately become a firm favourite. I think any gothic teenager would appreciate this simple card, don't you?

I started with a black base card and covered it with shocking pink paper, not that you can see that as I sponged the edges with plum ink. Next I embossed and sanded a piece of cordinations card with swirls. Then came a black panel which I distressed the edges of before placing a piece of design paper on having first ripped the edges. I coloured the image with Promarkers and glitter glues. I added Diamond Glaze to her eyes, lips and nails. I then sponged around the edges with plum and eggplant ink (not too happy with the way this bit turned out). To finish the card I added some card candy and a layered flower.

I didn't quite get as distressed as I normally do about ripping and distressing with this one so maybe I'm getting used to doing it now. Anyway I hope you like my card, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Digi Stamp - Stitchy Bears
Papers - Kate Knight
Flowers/Brad/Card Candy - Stash

4 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christine, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

cheryl said...

just love this hun,love how you have colored,her lips and eyes just perfect for a teenager hugs cherylx

Debbie said...

Yes very gothic... Perfect for a teenager

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is fabulous and the papers and design are perfect ,,, lovely colours :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x