Saturday 9 February 2013

Happy New Year


Challenges

Wild Orchid (67) - Anything Goes
Sunday Sketch & Stamp (142) - Sketch
All That Stickles (2) - Xmas Red

Tomorrow we will be celebrating the Chinese New Year (Year of the Snake), so naturally I have made a card for my son and daughter in law.  I followed the great sketch, having turned it first, and layered my base card with gold cardstock and some Han-Ji papers.  I found the image on the computer and added this after layering it.  Next I added some gold and red ribbon which I added a metal filigree topped with a gem.  I then attached some gold leaves and cherry blossom.  To finish off I added Xmas Red Stickles to the background paper and the snake's hat.  Although my insert is rather plain I have stamped a sentiment and some lanterns which I coloured with promarkers.  Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Main Image - Computer Generated
Lantern Stamp - Stampin Up
Sentiment Stamps - SeeD's
Papers - Kars
Flowers - Wild Orchid
Ribbon - Recycled From Gift
Filigree/Gem/Leaves - Stash



4 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh Christine, this is just such a fun fun fun card and perfect for the occasion of celebrating the new year. Love it to bitsssssssss! Hugs Squirrel xx

Uma said...

fantastic card, very cute image and lovely inside. Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, this is a fabulous card. Perfect timing for Chinese New Year, and great use of the sketch

Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
Claire x
(DT)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is brilliant, what a great card, Hope alls well with you, Thanks for playing on All that Stickles this week, Hazelxo