Thursday 18 February 2016

Gift Set




Something a bit different from me today.  I have made a little gift set for my sister's birthday comprising of a Tea Light Candle card and a Tote of bathing goodies so that she cam pamper herself.  This is the first time I have made either of these and I'm quite pleased at how they have turned out.  I shall certainly be making a few more I think as they were so easy.

Card

I found the template/tutorial on Lena Katrine's blog.  As you can see, each of the panels have been matted & layered using the offcuts from the Tote.  I then added an embossed strip of roses to all the panels.  The folder being another magazine freebie.  To the front panel I added a magnolia image which I coloured with promarkers and fussy cut before attaching with foam pads. I finished this panel with some red roses.  A bit of ribbon to hold the tea lights in finishes off the card.

Tote

First off I printed some card with a couple of Nitwits papers (printing both sides of the base paper.  I then overprinted the templates from My Life Made Easy, which I won a couple of years ago.  Once this was done I cut all the pieces out, layered the panels with the contrast card and assembled it.  There are a couple of large eyelets at each end of the handle purely for decoration.  To the front I added a die cut tree and bench and then sat another Magnolia image (coloured with promarkers) onto the bench.  A few red roses and a charm attached with a brad completes the front panel.  Last but not least, a lovely ribbon tied around the handle finishes the Tote.

Challenges

Magnolia-licious - Bingo (Ribbon Bow/Not Square/Charms)
I Love Promarkers (302) - Bingo (Brad/Diecut/Ribbon)
Midweek Magnolias (132) - Anything Goes/Magnolia
Cute Card Thursday (413) - Warm Colours

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great gift idea. I love Tilda and thi sone is such a cutie. Hope alls well, Love Hazelxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two project are fabulous love the colours . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny DT forI ♥promarkers
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kelly said...

These are both gorgeous ideas for gifts. I love the bright pink and Tildas are so sweet. The style of your card is fun, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-lciious. Hugs Kelly

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! what a lucky Sister to received such a beautiful hand made gift set. Love them both. Thank you for coming over to play with us at Magnolia-licious. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi

Helen said...

A beautiful gift set and a great idea too.

Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday

Helen x