Thursday 25 August 2016

CAS - Tropical



Right, well, what can I say...

The idea was good but unfortunately this is heading straight to the bin!!! I tried to do a colour wash using distress ink but my card warped terribly.  Too much water methinks!  Once I had ruined the card I thought I might as well do what was in my head so I over stamped a tropical fish and coloured bits with a promarker.  I then stamped the sentiment (both stamps were magazine freebies).  Lastly I painted iridescent Twinkling H2o's over the fish and flower to give them some shimmer.

Challenges

M.A.W.T.T. (27) - CAS
Polkadoodles (33) - Anything Goes
Less Is More (290) - Exotic
Simon Says (Monday) - Go Fish
Digi Choosday (34) - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.

EDITED TO SAY:  The card has been saved thanks to Sarah advising me to run it through the big shot (see comments) and I am happy to say "IT WORKED!!!".

10 comments:

Esther said...

What a shame about the warping! The colour wash idea was a good one and you chose lovely shades of blue. Nice to see the pretty shimmer of the H2Os, too. Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More :)

Susan said...

Love that fancy fish! I'm sorry to hear the card is too warped, you can't tell in your photo! Thanks for sharing at Less Is More.

Bev said...

A lovely CAS card. the warping adds dimension doesn't it? After all we are underwater x Thankyou for taking the time out to join in with our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles

Wendy L said...

I think it looks good, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Sue B said...

This is a wonderful layout and design Christine… I love the sparkly fish and the fab colour wash… and the sentiment is perfect. I can't see that the card is warped from photo.. but if it is, then it's definitely worth re-doing this card again. I often find that I have to do two or three attempts to get my CAS cards how I want them.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our CAS Challenge! :-)
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunningly exotic and beautiful choice of watery colours here. It's a shame about the warping and so frustrating. I often leave warped cards under a book overnight or run it through my big shot between some cardstock. Always happens when you are pushed for time though! Anyway thanks so much for sharing and playing at Less is More this week. Sarah

Neets B said...

I'm loving the turquoise and pale teal tones you used here, perfect for an exotic sea. Most cards can be saved, just have a little think before binning them, glad Sarah's advice gave this card new life!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Jacki Daniels said...

Great CAS idea sorry you're not happy with it I think we all have cards like this at one time or another thanks for playing along with us at digi choosday this week
Jacki ♥
(Digi Choosday DT)

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the pretty fish image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Chrissie said...

My Granny duties over the past few weeks have taken their toll on my commenting time... many apologies for the late visit!
This is is really sweet and I love that gorgeous turquoise!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"