Monday 20 December 2010

Large Candle Jar & Sneak Peek



Garden Of Wishes

Let Your Light Shine Through

Gwenn
Challenges

Papertake - Christmas Birthdays
Simon Says - Silver/Blue/White
Paperplay (50) - Anything But A Card
Allsorts (83) - Anything Goes
C.E.S. (17) - Anything Goes

I don't know about you, but I think it is quite unfair to do a birthday card or gift with Christmas images for anyone who has a birthday in or around Christmas. That is why I have not used Christmas images for this gift I made for a friend who recently had her birthday. Not only that, but it means she can display it all year round.

I have used the gorgeous new fairys that will be released by LOTV on 11th January. As soon as I saw them I knew how I wanted to colour them using my Promarkers and Glamour Dust so this was the ideal opportunity to use them. I cut the first image with a label Nestie and then 3D'd another image on top using foam pads. The sentiment is also one of the new releases and I thought it was ideal for a candle. The silver leaves are punched and the paper flowers have pearl centres. On the lid I cut a silver scalloped circle with blue gingham paper on. Onto this I attached a layered up large white flower with silver leaves and a white pearl centre. A bit of ribbon around the neck finished it off. I must admit that I didn't want to part with it once it was done but my friend loves it, so I will just have to do another one just for me. Hope you like it as much as I do, thanks for looking.

Recipe

Stamps - LOTV
Paper - Pink Petticoat
Pearls - Paper Cellar
Flowers/Ribbon/Brad - Stash

9 comments:

brenda said...

Hi there

I am thrilled you have joined in my "Free and Easy" theme at Allsorts this fortnight and confess to being astounded by the huge response this weekend.

I usually like to visit every entry and say a few words about their creations, but the sheer volume so far along with the Christmas preparations we all have to juggle means this is a "copied and pasted" message, for which I apologise.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and wonderful holiday time.

B x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! What a fun idea! I like the purple and the punch that you used! Very pretty!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Angie said...

What a fab idea love the image thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Lorraine A said...

beautiful creation and fabulous gift idea ,,, I think I need to make a few of these ,,, quickly !!! thanks for the inspiration !! :-)

Love your hugs snowman :-)

Merry Christmas :-)
thanks for joining us on the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful and what a wonderful gift it makes.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Gorgeous project Christine, I love the new LOTV fairies, they are so beautiful. Stunning details and punching.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the
Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs Heather xx

Julie said...

Oh I love your decoration of this candle jar!! It's beautiful - thanks for sharing it with us at CES challenges, Juliex

kaylou said...

what a fabulous idea and a gorgeous image, thanks for playing at CES challenges.
hugs Kaylou XX

Deirdre said...

So beautiful - love how you made it so adorable.

Thank you for playing along with Paperplay on this Challenge. Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year and all the best for 2011. ♥