Monday 5 July 2010

Criss Cross Card


Front


Inside


Challenges

Just Magnolia (62) - Criss Cross Card
Totally Papercrafts (23) - One For The Girlies


Well, here is a card that went wrong from start to finish... You won't believe how many times it has gone wrong, but I got there in the end.

I have not added a sentiment to the band as I'm not sure who will be getting it yet so will add it later. Also, as I wanted it to open and stand up on it's own so I have attached the image mat to the base card itself. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and cut out so that Tilda can 'sit' on the strip. I covered her wings with glitter glue and added some gems to the corners for added sparkle. The band going around the whole card just has ribbon and a punched flower with gem attached. One of my many mistakes was when I was cutting the design paper for the 'criss cross' pieces so now BOTH sides are decorated with the paper. I have kept the design very simple as I wanted Tilda to be the main focus. Hope you like it.

Card Recipe

Stamp - Magnolia
Paper - From A Friend
Ribbon/Gems - Stash

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Ooo Christine your card is beautiful! I've just done one of these myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck. Lotsa luv xxxx

Sue said...

Hi Christine
beautiful card,lovely design & papers,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Christine,
I love this criss cross card. the colours and papers are gorgeous and the insert with Tilda is adorable.
Hugs,
Fiona x

melanie.castenmiller said...

ohw so sweet!


hugs from holland,
melanie

Mina said...

what a fabulous card, I love the bright blue...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx