Thursday 22 October 2009

Rope Swing

Challenges

Lili Of The Valley (39) - Sketch

This week on the LOTV challenge we have a lovely sketch by Marcea for you to follow. For my card I have used one of the NEW boy stamps called 'Rope Swing', available now from Lili Of The Valley. I just love this image as it reminds me so much of my sons when they were small boys, such a long time ago...

I first covered the base card with paper and added a panel down the left side and an oval at the bottom. Next I cut a strip of the green card and attached a panel of paper to it. After tying some raffia around it I attached this to the top of the card. I coloured the image with pencils but he was too 'clean' so I dirtied him up with chalks, much better methinks. There was still something missing, but what? Having given it a bit of thought I remembered that my sons usually made a noise when they were swinging, hence the word I added. Satisfied, I then chalked around the edges and layered him with Nesties. I finished the card by adding a button with raffia tied through it. I really like this card, I hope you do too.

Card Recipe

Stamp - LOTV

Papers - Summertime Designs

Raffia/Button - Stash

Thanks for looking.

No comments: