Tuesday 17 February 2009

Sketch Saturday & Secret Crafter Challenges



Challenges

Sketch Saturday (38) - Sketch
Secret Crafter (19) - Spring Has Sprung

I seem to be in a 'keep it simple' mood lately so I have kept this card simple. I started by placing a square of backing paper to the card followed by two rectangles in contrasting papers. The images are stamped and coloured with my watercolour pencils and then layered using my Nesties and attached with foam pads. [TIP: When placing one image over another image using foam pads don't put foam pads under the part that will overlap, this will keep it the same height] I finished it off with a flower and button.

Card Recipe

Stamps - Penny Black & Magazine Freebie
Papers - K & Company
Cardstock - My Scrapbox
Flower & Button - My Stash

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely card. I know what you mean I'm also in simple and plain mood at the moment.

Glenda

Sandra said...

Great tip! and beautiful card.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card, that hedgie image is very cute, I have this stamp too and think it's gorgeous :-)
Lorraine

Donna said...

Fantastic card Christine and such wonderful colours too, just perfect for this weeks theme. Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x