Wednesday 7 September 2011

Poinsettias

Challenges

Bah Humbug (35) - Christmas Sentiments
Less Is More (31) - Metallic

Here is a quick Christmas card done quite simply by starting with a black base card. I then added a layer of gold mirri card followed by a layer of tartan paper. I then added a die-cut circle of gold pearl card followed by my sentiment. I embellished it with poinsettias punched from hologram and gold mirri card adding a gem to the centres. I hope this counts as 'metallic' and CAS. Either way, hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Paper - Scrapbook, Scrapbook

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is sweet!
It's a little over-layered for a CAS card, where we like to see white space... or unadorned card...I think it would probably have been fine without the tartan and its mat however.
It's a pretty card... but for CAS, be brave about leaving some blank space!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

cheryl said...

this is one gorgeous card hun just love those,poinsettas,and love the tartan,hugs cherylxxxxxx