Monday 25 October 2010

All Wrapped Up

Challenges

Truly Scrumptious (43) - Sketch
Crafty Creations (90) - Red/Brown/Green
Totally Papercrafts (39) - Stck A Number On It
Whoopsie Daisy - Let's Paper Piece

Ever since I have had this stamp I have thought she might look good in tartan so I finally had a go. I will be the first to admit my choice of colours for her cape and inside the bonnet kept going horribly wrong so in the end I went over it all with brown to hide it. Although I'm not totally happy with that bit I think it just about works. Having coloured her with Promarkers I then paper pieced her dress and hat. I have also flocked her muff. The dark green card has been embossed with a holly branch and the snowflakes have been punched. The date on the little strip at the bottom was done using rub-ons and I have highlighted it with a punched buckle. Finally I added a few gems and a bow. Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamp - LOTV
Paper - Daisy & Dandelion
Gems/Bow - Stash

10 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sue, fabulous card, love the image and funky colours, thanks so much for taking part this week over at Totally Papercrafts Challenge, Heidi xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Christine,
I love your papers and colours. Fabulous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Christine, adorable image and love her tartan coat and hat.
luv
Debby

Joey said...

Hiya

oh so cute what a lovely image, love the paper piecing, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.xx

Linnie said...

Totaly adorable
thankyou for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy
linniex

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card,adorable image...Thanks for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy xx

chrissy said...

How clever are you. Real nice card

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

What a FABULOUS card!! Excellent work on your paper piecing. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at WHOOPSI DAISY this month. I have become one of your followers:)

Sande said...

So beautiful card! Lovely image and great colors!

Thanks for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande

Emma and Susan said...

Fabulous card, love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy.
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
xxx