Tuesday 15 June 2010

Summer Days

Challenges

Mami Doodles - Summer (Boy or Girl)
Cupcake Craft (95) - One For The boys
Sketch Saturday (107) - Sketch
A Spoonful Of Sugar (107) - Summer


Here's a little beach scene that I've done using a fantastic digi stamp from Mami Doodles that I recently won, thanks Elisa.
Elisa does some really gorgeous digi stamps so why don't you pop over to her blog and have a look, you won't be dissapointed.

I have followed the great sketch, but instead I have replaced the mats behind the image with a HUGE sandcastle (I think I went a bit mad there!) and cut the boy out so that he could stand in front. The boy has been coloured with Promarkers and attached with foam pads. The seashells and starfish are buttons. When I finished the two top corners looked a bit bare but I managed to find a couple of peel-offs that were suitable.

Well, I only hope that sandcastle doesn't topple over and bury the poor little lad...

Card Recipe

Digi Stamp - Mami Doodles
Sand Paper - Monti's Pixel Papers
Buttons/Peel-Offs - Stash

Thanks for looking, hugs Christine x

4 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Great card, love your castle and colouring too.

Thanks for joining us in the mami Doodles Challenge.

Jackie :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Christine,
What a wonderful summery card. I love the sand castle and the image is so cute.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a fun card. Love the way you used Li'l Alex. Thank you for joining the Mami Doodles challenge.:)

Mami Doodles said...

So cute! The sandcastle is the perfect addition for the image. Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles chalelle.