Friday, 5 August 2011

Furry Friends

Challenges

C.E.S. (47) - Blue
Sunday Sketch & Stamp (66) - Sketch
Wild Orchid Crafts (29) - Bears
ABC - A is for Auburn Hair
Simon Says - Christmas In August
Charisma Cardz (31) - Flowers/Gems/Circles
Paperplay (31) - Christmas In August

As you can see I have made another Christmas card. I couldn't resist using this gorgeous stamp again, it is sooo cute. Following the sketch I covered the base card with snowflake paper then I embossed a piece of card with snowflakes, edged it with ink and placed it in the top left corner. Onto a panel of navy card I attached a white piece of card that I punched with a snowflake border punch. Then I added a piece of navy, gold-edged satin ribbon and finally a couple of gem stars before placing at the bottom of the card. The image has been coloured with promarkers, layered and attached with foam pads. To finish off I added a die-cut sentiment and another star gem and a few flowers. Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamp - Sugar Nellie
Paper - Daisy & Dandelion
Ribbon - Recycled From Gift
Flowers/Gems/Sentiment - Stash
Before you pop off I thought you might like to see a rose growing in my garden today. Nothing unusual about that I hear you say! That is, until you look a little bit closer..... have you ever seen one with TWO hearts before? I certainly haven't and it didn't bloom like this last year. For those that are interested it is called 'Silver Thoughts'. I might add this is the only bloom on the bush, it never has given me many blooms but then it is only 2 years old.

16 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, great colours too, thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this week big hugs Pops x x x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous I soooo love this cute image.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at CES Challenges, good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jennifer said...

Oh this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at CES Challenges this week xx Jenny xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Christine what a beautiful card that image is becoming one of my favourites and the colours, papers and design are just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Morgan said...

Such beautiful colours, and oh so cute!

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous just love the colors on this hun and that image is just so cute hugs cherylxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card, so cute
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card hun - lovely sweet image and great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at SS&S this week. Hugs, Claire x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christine, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

rolling backpack said...

This is is Gorgeous, I like to appreciate for joining at CES Challenges this week. Awesome and very beautiful photographs you shared here. First one is best to keep in computer desktop.

Spyder said...

ohooo this is such a cute image, definitely going to put it on my wish-list! Lovely card
(Lyn)

Hazel said...

Hi Christine - I love the colours you have used on your card and the image is just so cute. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

sari said...

Awww... Such a sweet & adorable card! That image is just heart warming! Lovely details too! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Kathy D. said...

I have to agree that stamp is just too adorable!! And your card does it justice. Thanks for going Auburn with us at The ABC Challenge.

P.S. - I love the photo of the rose too. How cool to have a double inside!

Kathy D. said...

Wanted to let you know The ABC challenge will be back!!! Check out the blog for the update www.abc-challenge.blogspot.com

soldes said...

This my one of the favourite card. Here every thing looking so beautiful. It such a lovely and beautiful greeting card.