Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Hello Cupcake!

Challenges

Ooh La La (71) - Bling It On
Delightfull Challenges - Easel Card
Digi doodle Shop (42) - Pink & Green
Dutch Dare (95) - All Stitched Up
M.A.W.T.T. (81) - Make Your Dreams Come True
Daring Cardmakers - 1 Image/2 Ribbons/3 Papers
Pollycrafts (76) - Pastel Colours
Whoopsie Daisy - Pretty In Pink
Wild Orchid (15) - Let's Go Sentimental

I have made this card to celebrate a very special birthday. The Creative Inspiration Challenge Blog is 3 years old and we are celebrating with a Blog Hop 18th - 25th Jan. To join in the fun just click on the link here and start hopping. There are oodles of prizes to be won!

Anyway, back to my easel card. Since losing my husband a few weeks ago I have been 'piggin' out' on food, especially cakes so my 'dream come true' would be to eat all these delicious looking cupcakes. BUT!!! I must resist as I have put on a lot of weight.... I can still have chocklit though can't I???

I have coloured the image with Promarkers using a bit of Diamond Glaze on the cherries and Glamour Dust for the frosting. I layered it with Nesties and added some faux stitching around the edge. You can just about see the two ribbons on the left side (the other side is covered with leaves). Also, if you look even closer you will notice that the flowers have been punched from the third paper and gems added to the centres. The punched leaves have been coloured with a Promarker as I didn't have the right colour card. The sentiments and larger cupcakes have been raised up using foam pads. A little punched butterfly with glitter and a gem added finishes it off. Hope you like this one as much as I do, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamps - LOTV/Magazine Freebie
Digi Sentiment - Sentiments 4 You
Papers - Pink Petticoat
Ribbons/Gems - Stash

Don't forget to join in the Blog Hop!

20 comments:

Kathy said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

Cec said...

Adorable easel card. I love the glitter on the icing. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Katja said...

This card is so sweet! Thanks for joining our pink/green challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Greetings,
Katja (DDSB-DT)

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Love crafts forever said...

Your card are gorgeous, love this imsges.
Thanks for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy.
Hugs Nataliya

Brook said...

Love, love the card! So sweet!

Cor* said...

A wonderful celebratory easle! Cute cupcakes on the base! lovely flowers.

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I love the image and colours, and I can totally understand your interpretation of dreams coming true. I am sorry to hear of your loss and I feel just like you having lost my Mum recently. So chocklit it is at the moment for both of us.
Thankyou for joining us at MAWTT this week.
I hope you are having a good week and that all your new dreams come true.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Mona E said...

WoW!!!!! What a totally adorable card. Such a cute image. Love your colouring and the cupcakes. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

Tanya said...

What a darling card, love it!

Lynda said...

A really pretty card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Christine this is absolutely gorgeous I love the softness of the colours and that image is so cute, I love the cupcakes.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Emma said...

Such a pretty card Christine, gorgeous image and details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine and so cute too.
luv
Debby

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! What a gorgeous card Hunni.Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx So sorry to hear of your sad loss but Choc is a good friend as I have found out in the past.

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
Lisa;)

craftybunny said...

Beautiful card.Love the deeper pink with the soft papers and the flowers.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x
Sorry to hear of you recent loss but time and chocolate are great healers.

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty, thank you for joining us at at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Pami said...

What a wonderful card! So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

elsi67 said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥