Sunday, 19 September 2010

All Sewn Up!



Challenges

Creative Inspirations (43) - DT Card - Pink & Black
Sketch & Stash (44) - Sketch (Image & Paper)
Wild Orchid (5) - Pearls & Pins
Totally Papercrafts (34) - Happy Birthday
Secret Crafter (101) - Anything Goes

It's Sunday again which means another Creative Inspirations challenge and you should check out the DT's creations this week, they are awesome! Mandy has set the challenge this time and wants you to use the colours Pink and Black. We are kindly being sponsored for this challenge by.....


I have used one of the great images from Bugaboo called 'Stella Sew', isn't she great? I have coloured her with Promarkers and Sakura Stardust pens. My friend suggested that I gave her a 'pink rinse' on her hair and I must admit it suits her. I have also added Diamond Glaze to her glasses and pearls to the pins in her hat. I then layered the image with Nesties and sewn embroidery thread around the edge. I have put a strip of satin ribbon down the panel on the left and added some daisy trim. (I wanted to put a tape measure here but couldn't find a small enough one. I have since worked out how to do one but it was a bit late for this card). The bow at the top is just two loops with pearl pins added. Finally I added some matching buttons. Hope you like this one, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamp - Bugaboo Stamps
Papers - Striped Monti's Pixel Playground/Buttons Unknown
Daisy Trim/Buttons/Pearls/Pins/Ribbon - Stash


8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Christine,
I really love the colours you have used in this card. The papers are absolutely gorgeous and that image just creases me. wonderful card.
Hugs,
Fiona X

Basement gal said...

I love your card and the pink rinse does indeed suit her. Have a good weekend.

Mags said...

I love Bugaboo's images, they are so witty, and you've made a great card here! I love the stitching round the image!

luv, Mags x

Cor* said...

OMG I love all the little sewing touches. The pin, the button DP, the stitching around the image............so fun with that image!

joey said...

Hiya

great card what a fun image! thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous and fun card Christine I love these images and your design is gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Vicky said...

Fantastic card, love the colours so much...
Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
x
Vicky

Jill said...

love the colour combo and the stitching looks great fab image too thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx